As with the previous core lists, here are twenty Speculative Fiction Works about psionics and other mental gifts chosen entirely on the basis of merit and significance to the field1. No implication is intended that these are the
only twenty works you should consider2.
- Ethan of Athos by Lois McMaster Bujold
- Wildseed by Octavia E. Butler
- Enchantress From the Stars by Sylvia Louise Engdahl
- The Clairvoyant Countess by Dorothy Gilman
- Ingathering by Zenna Henderson
- Zero Sum Game by S.L. Huang
- The Man With Six Senses by Muriel Jaeger
- The Journal of Nicholas the American by Leigh Kennedy
- Shin Sekai Yori (From Another World) by Yusuke Kishi
- Deryni Rising by Katherine Kurtz
- A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L’Engle
- City of Illusions by Ursula Le Guin
- Adaptation by Malinda Lo
- The Birthgrave by Tanith Lee
- “The Lady in the Tower” by Anne McCaffrey
- Northwest of Earth by C. L. Moore
- Dying Inside by Robert Silverberg
- Children of the Atom by Wilmar H. Shiras
- Gray Lensman by E. E. Smith
- Psion by Joan D. Vinge
Persons unfamiliar with one or two of the works, congratulations! You’re one of today’s Ten Thousand!
1: There are two filtering rules:
Only one work per author per list
Any given work by a particular author can appear on only one list. A given author may, however, have works on various lists but each instance of their work will be unique.
2: NO IMPLICATION IS INTENDED THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY TWENTY BOOKS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER.